"you are the salt of the earth. but if salt loses its saltiness, how will it become salty again? it's good for nothing except to be thrown away and trampled under people's feet. you are the light of the world. a city on top of a hill can't be hidden."

matthew 5:13-14

Thursday, February 16, 2012

i want to catch a glimpse of you

i caught a glimpse of you just the other day
in the wide open eyes of that screaming baby
as my frazzled nerves
were moving me to forget

(you’re not fooling me)

i saw you shuffling down the street
begging for my loose change
your hands stretched out and your breath
smelling like whiskey

(i almost missed you there)

i recognized your voice just underneath
the voice of that woman
when she was irritating me
with her heartless gossip
thank you for getting my attention
just in time
before i unleashed a harsh judgment
or joined her

(you’re so good)

i love the way you come to me
in these clever disguises
holding up a mirror so i can see myself too

i’m looking for you jesus
where will you show up today?
       woodland hills church, “animate” series

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Stephanie. I asked my Sunday School Class to keep you in their prayers as you begin your work in Cambodia.

    ReplyDelete